Pages

.

My Quest For a Natural Looking Head of Hair

I've spent most of my adult life trying to fix my receding hairline and bald spot. Hats were excellent until fedoras and trilbys became trendy, and now I feel like a goof when I wear one. Lucky for me I don't need one anymore.

When I was younger, I tried pills, surreptitiously purchased at pharmacies and ordered from the infomercials they show on late-night men's TV. I took a cocktail of various pills for a while and convinced myself I was seeing results. In a sense, I was. Pills worked well for maintaining the hair I had, but I had denied the problem for so long prior to doing anything about it that I felt like I was still at square one. I wasn't just interested in maintenance; I needed to regrow my lost follicles. Of course I looked into punch grafting, but they looked cheesy and I worried that with my complexion and hair type, it'd be immediately obvious to anyone who met me that the hair on my head hadn't grown up there.

For my 27th birthday, a friend sent me a brochure for a hair transplant clinic as a joke. I've always had a good sense of humor, but this struck a chord I wasn't comfortable with. That's when I knew I had to take action. The clinic, now defunct, promised a full head of hair after just four visits. Four didn't seem like quite so many, so I scheduled an informational visit. Turns out, four visits was for a scalp reduction and subsequent micro-grafting to fix the front of my hairline. I'm not one to go in for unnecessarily painful procedures, especially ones that are well known to have a shelf life. I decided I'd better find something more permanent and less visible.

The clinic I ended up using was run by a doctor with decades in the business and a receding hairline. Of course, this surprised me, but he said his was the only surgeon he trusted. Since he couldn't operate on himself, he would just have to tough it out until someone surpassed him. This struck me as arrogance until I saw his work. Each of the pictures he showed me featured a smiling person with a full-looking head of hair next to a hopeful "before" picture. And, best of all, just one session. The method was a combination of grafts using the most cutting edge techniques available. I've had my full and fluffy head for six years now with no ill-effects. People who meet me can't believe I used to be that hat-wearing, obviously-balding twenty-something and neither can I.

Seager hair transplant centre Toronto, Canada is providing Hair transplant Surgery , hair treatment and hair restoration for both men and women. And it also allows correction of hair loss and Hair replacement

No comments:

Post a Comment